Wildfire is an ever-present danger in California. It can feel like the problem is too big to address on our own, but there is a way you can help. Join our team at Fire Safe Council of Nevada County and know that your work has meaning. We are a non-profit, organization dedicated to making Nevada County safer from catastrophic wildfire through fire safety projects and public education. We collaborate with many other Agencies and non-profits so that together, we can all make a difference. We work daily in the mindset that our combined strength and effectiveness lies within those collaborations.
We are looking for energetic people to help us change the world with optimism and a passion for meeting the challenges of keeping a community fire safe in Northern California. We offer Full time positions with benefits and growth opportunities. Beyond that, we provide the additional benefit of working with other great people, from every background, to build a stronger and safer community. We know the unique experiences of our employees drive our success and people do their best work when they feel like they can be themselves.
If you share these values, we want to meet you and learn how you might contribute to our team.
We are looking for a skilled administrative support person to perform a variety of tasks. Responsibilities include correspondence, record keeping, preparing reports with an emphasis on digital editing and filing; answering phones, returning calls and greeting visitors. Ultimately, this person will ensure that the company’s daily functions run accurately and effectively. Interacting with the public is part of the job. Candidate will be able to hold conversation in person, by phone and email in a concise and professional manner. Candidate will be required to learn applicable State and Local laws regarding wildfire, hazardous vegetation, and related topics as well as best practices for emergency preparedness; regularly educating the public on those same topics. Must be willing and able to attend public education and outreach events occasionally throughout the year.
- Answer phones, emails, and general correspondence.
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain documents and records both digitally and on paper.
- Daily entry of key program data.
- Provide assistance and general clerical support for company personnel.
- Research, track and restore documentation problems and/or discrepancies
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures, and applicable laws.
- Consistently update job knowledge.
- Educating the public and Volunteer coordination.
- Applicant must be organized, personable, detail oriented and punctual.
- Familiarity with digital filing, scanning, and basic office procedures.
- Competency in Adobe Pro, Office 365, and database systems. Any experience with Canva or other graphic design programs are a plus.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and reporting.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform filing and detailed record keeping tasks.
- Data entry and word processing skills.
- Well organized.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All CDC protocols and suggestions are implemented. Cleaning supplies and PPE are provided.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Filing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Typing: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location