Directly responsible to supervise a crew of 4-5 workers daily, perform drive by chipping, track statistical information and provide customer service. Oversees the daily activities of the defensible space chipping service and promotes other fire safe programs in the community. All Fire Safe Council staff shall work well knowing they are always in the public eye, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The candidate shall always demonstrate cooperative behavior with the public, colleagues and supervisors.
- Request and supervise laborers for chipping program services.
- Conduct daily safety meetings and ensure safe operation of the chipper.
- Track time and accurately request donations from clients using the digital application.
- Communicate progress or issues with work orders daily to the office.
- Maintain chipper and tow vehicle equipment and maintenance logs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with towing and backing a vehicle with a trailer or device attached.
- Good communication, organized record keeping and basic math skills.
- Demonstration of the Safety-First mentality.
- Leadership experience within a chain of command.
- Clean DMV driving record.
- Ability to understand defensible space and California Public Resources Code 4291.
- Must be capable of physical work, including lifting 50-75 pounds repetitively daily.
- Manipulation of web apps, email, mobile devices, and at least basic usage of computers.
This position is full-time rain or shine outdoors, 8-10 hours daily.
Starting pay $24.00 DOE