Wildfire is an ever-present danger in California. It can feel like the problem is too big to address on our own, but there is a way you can help. Join our team at Fire Safe Council of Nevada County and know that your work has meaning. We are a non-profit, volunteer run organization dedicated to making Nevada County safer from catastrophic wildfire through fire safety projects and public education. We collaborate with many other Agencies and non-profits so that together, we can all make a difference. We work daily in the mindset that our combined strength and effectiveness lies within those collaborations.
We are looking for energetic people to help us change the world with optimism and a passion for meeting the challenges of keeping a community fire safe in Northern California. We offer Full time positions with benefits and growth opportunities. Beyond that, we provide the additional benefit of working with other great people, from every background, to build a stronger and safer community. We know the unique experiences of all our employees drive our success and people do their best work when they feel like they can be themselves.
If you share these values, we want to meet you and learn how you might contribute to our team.
Chipping Program Crew Member - Job Description
Performs the daily activities of the defensible space chipping service and promotes other fire safe programs in the community. All Fire Safe Council staff shall work well knowing they are always in the public eye, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The candidate shall always demonstrate cooperative behavior with the public, colleagues and supervisors.
- Staging, stacking dragging and feeding brush into the chipper.
- Track time using the digital application on your own mobile device.
- General maintenance of a clean and safe work site and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Good communication and ability to take direction as duties and projects change
- Demonstration of the Safety-First mentality
- Reliable ability to get to job locations as local worksites change
- Ability to understand defensible space and California Public Resources Code 4291
- Must be capable of physical work, including lifting 50-75 pounds repetitively daily
- Tolerant to continuous close contact with varying types of vegetation
This position is contract full-time rain or shine outdoors, 8 hours daily.
Starting pay $17.00 DOE
PTO and full benefits available after probationary period.
FSCNC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH INDEED
by clicking this link:https://www.indeed.com/job/ground-crew-sawyers-needed-8435dbf29dd3ea78