Chipping Program Crew Member - Job Description
Performs the daily activities of the defensible space chipping service and promotes other fire safe programs in the community. All Fire Safe Council staff shall work well knowing they are always in the public eye, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The candidate shall always demonstrate cooperative behavior with the public, colleagues and supervisors.
- Staging, stacking dragging and feeding brush into the chipper.
- Track time using the digital application on your own mobile device.
- General maintenance of a clean and safe work site and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Good communication and ability to take direction as duties and projects change
- Demonstration of the Safety-First mentality
- Experience within a chain of command
- Reliable ability to get to job locations as local worksites change
- Ability to understand defensible space and California Public Resources Code 4291
- Must be capable of physical work, including lifting 50-75 pounds repetitively daily
- Tolerant to continuous close contact with varying types of vegetation
- Manipulation of web apps, email, mobile devices, and at least basic usage of computers
This position is contract full-time rain or shine outdoors, 8 hours daily.
Starting pay $15.00 DOE
FSCNC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time