Full Job Description
When applying please find a way to indicate which posting(s) you are interested in.
--Sawyer Crew Member - Job Description
Performs the daily activities of the fuels reduction crew and promotes other fire safe programs in the community. All Fire Safe Council staff shall work well knowing they are always in the public eye, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The candidate shall always demonstrate cooperative behavior with the public, colleagues and supervisors.
- Cutting and swamping brush and trees less than 8” in diameter in teams of 2.
- Ability to adapt usage of equipment based on each site prescription and topography.
- Staging, stacking dragging and feeding brush into the chipper - if needed.
- Track time using the digital application on your own mobile device.
- General maintenance of a clean and safe work site and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Certificates in chainsaw handling and safety will be a plus
- Good communication and ability to take direction as duties and projects change
- Demonstration of the Safety-First mentality
- Experience within a chain of command
- Verifiable work experience safely and efficiently handling a chainsaw- REQUIRED
- Reliable ability to get to job locations as local work-sites change
- Ability to understand defensible space and California Public Resources Code 4291
- Must be capable of physical work, including lifting 50-75 pounds repetitively daily
- Tolerant to continuous close contact with varying types of vegetation
- Manipulation of web apps, email, mobile devices, and at least basic usage of computers
This position is contract full-time rain or shine outdoors, 8 hours daily.
Starting pay $17.00 DOE