www.readyforwildfire.org/ lists these simple steps should you become trapped while trying to evacuate during a wildfire. No matter which situation in which you find yourself, REMAIN CALM, and use a phone to CALL 9-1-1 to notify officials of your location.
While in your vehicle:
- Park your vehicle in an area clear of vegetation.
- Close all vehicle windows and vents.
- Cover yourself with wool blanket or jacket.
- Lie on vehicle floor.
While on foot:
- Go to an area clear of vegetation, a ditch or depression on level ground if possible.
- Lie face down, cover up your body.
While in your home:
- Keep your family together.
- Fill sinks and tubs with cold water.
- Keep doors and windows closed, but unlocked.
- Stay inside your house.
- Stay away from outside walls and windows.